- Only covering ‘next-gen’ versions. PS5 Series S|X
- “Bug” in SDR mode which may make PS5 look darker, black crush returns!
- Game has 3 modes. Image Quality Mode, Resolution Mode, Performance Mode.
Image Quality Mode
- Focused on boosting world detail.
- Higher rez shadow, AO, draw distance.
- All versions target 4K but w/ dynamic scaling. 1440p to 4K
- Series S tops out at 1440p but mostly 1080p or below.
- PS5 has higher average resolution and texture filtering.
- Targets 60 FPS and PS5|Series X mostly deliver.
- Both tear a bit, VRR solves Xbox issue.
- Series S the worst of the 3 but not that bad.
- Targets 4K and sticks close to it most often.
- Series S still mostly sticks to 1080p range.
- Details like AO, Shadows etc lower than Image Quality mode.
- Series S has other cut backs like grass levels.
- All 3 consoles give the best performance in this mode. Very stable with very minor slowdown.
- Series S is the slowest of the 3, but very minor difference.
Frame Rate / Performance Mode
- Targets 120hz w/ dynamic scaling.
- 900p to 1440p avg on PS5/Series X
- Series S as low as 570p.
- Detail level on PS5 is significantly higher than both Xbox versions in this mode
- Cars detail, geometric detail, grass, tessellation, environmental geometry takes a big hit on Xbox consoles.
- DF theorizes this is likely a bug. They have been told the developers are looking into it.
- Feels very very smooth. Series S fares the worst of the 3, but again not by that much.
- 120hz mode is very smooth by and large, PS5 has performance dips on a specific type of track.
- XB Series X feels the smoothest here and VRR makes its performance flawless.