Deciphering Sony's Next Gen Direction

It’s not bad. It’s good value at $400 for the SE.

Guys are you ready for tweeting it to Kotaku ? Lool

3 Likes

The news write themselves today, but they’ll hold off because it’s Sony.

At least Ryan McCaffrey is aknowledging that is pissed on twitter. What a debacle !

1 Like

Just waiting on introspective article on how they could be so wrong from 100 different sites now.

2 Likes

A lot of press sways towards where the most clicks and, therefore, the most money is. Sony, Apple, Disney, and so on, often pandering to the haters from that side of other rivals in the process. It’s shabby journalism, of the kind that you normally don’t see from decent publications. Unfortunately, even some that used to be decent are turning into this, as decreasing ads, people not bothering to read articles but stopping at the title and Internet outrages are rewarding sensationalistic headlines rather than content.

10 Likes

80€ for games in an worldwide pandemic and recession, i’m still not over this baffling move.

8 Likes

I’m not sure its even conscious in most cases. They just end up following the audience. I think some of the vitriol directed towards journalists is a little overboard. They are just writing about videogames - I’d prefer those who report on real news and misinform to come under a heavier spotlight.

But for me someone like Ryan Mcaffrey is a classic example of someone who probably wittingly stokes console warring in the way he uses twitter and pitches one side off against the other and then backtracks when he receives those sorts of responses. I don’t particularly like that - you see journalists who do not engage in that stuff deliberately do not post things they know will incite that sort of behaviour. However, Ryan is a smart smart guy, so he knows when he posts that he’ll get a whole load of clicks and replies from the twitter console warriors. Then he complains about it…and stokes it a bit more…

4 Likes

Got to recoup the loss of the DE and the ever increasing budgets somehow.

1 Like

I am curious about how the Asian market has received the PS5 Backtracking event yesterday. Does anyone know?

Sorry to say but the media is acting as an indirect PR.firm for Sony. In my eyes I don’t have even an inch of respect for them left.

Even after the blatant lies by Sony regarding the cross generational games.

Crazy price increase for games

Costing more than the Series X

No backwards compatibility clarity

And I have yet to see a statement or concern or calling out lies from any of these sites. Instead they are helping them sweep all these things under the rug. Even the youtubers are mum. If it was XBOX it would have been a shitshow.

Sometimes I get a feeling that they don’t want XBOX to succeed at all and want them out of the industry.

12 Likes

Great question! Didn’t check but would be really interesting indeed. I know for a fact that the Series S has been very well received and people considering buying one

1 Like

He did that because he got called out for his hypocrisy. He did that to save face and balance out the equation. And this is the guy who claims to be representing XBOX.

6 Likes

It’s exactly that. It’s so disgusting. I despise all of the gaming media, which leads me to…

He did that because he got called out for his hypocrisy. He did that to save face and balance out the equation. And this is the guy who claims to be representing XBOX.

Yeah, I’ve abandoned the so called Unlocked podcast of this guy when I realized that he is a hypocrite. There are lots of REAL Xbox enthusiasts on Youtube that do a much better job than him.

6 Likes

Yeah probably. That’s kind of sad to see him like that. He’s not even funny. I think twitter really is a mistake sometimes. These hot takes and backpedaling have to cease, at least from these supposedly journos.

1 Like

These are not journos, these are glorified bloggers who are just given an official voice.

Imagine you are getting paid for intentionally misleading people and having one sided hot takes, when even a small youtuber or a regular informed consumer has better knowledge than these journos who gets all the marketing materials, merchandise early access and still fail at their job.

8 Likes

Let’s be honest here unless a company outright says “we believe in money” it’s probably partially bullshit. I will say Horizon is shocking and I’m honestly losing interest in it due to it’s crossgen nature. Guessing we won’t get a showcase for PS5 until God of War Ragnarok or w/e it’s called.

Who knows God of War might be cross gen too as they are supporting the PS4 3-4 years more. Either it is or it will come around 2022. I might be coming to PC to as Cory Barlog has expressed his intentions to bring the game on PC. I might wait it out for it to come to PC

1 Like

If it is indeed coming next year, that’s a very quick turnaround from the first GoW at just over 3 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if ragnarok was cross gen too.

2 Likes

IMO I think that’s a misguided way of thinking. They are losing money on both consoles, a lot more on the DE version. So no one is subsidizing anything. Also no one is forced to buy anything, so I still don’t see the $100 price gap as a negative.

It’s a smoke and mirrors tactic, there is also a greatly reduced supply of the Digital Edition. Most people I know are forced to pay an extra $100 for the disc version because digital edition was sold out within miinutes due to low supply.

People in Canada ended up playng $705 dollars for PS5 with taxes in.

4 Likes