DayOne - Feedback Thread

I wholeheartedly agree with your “going back” suggestion. And to add to your “I tried this” flag suggestion, I’d also like to be able to use all flags directly from the game list, the same way you can currently tag a game as a favourite from the game list by clicking the heart.

I suspect many people will want to go through all the games and tag everything that’s relevant to them. It’s quite time consuming to do that by opening one game at a time, going back to the main list, scrolling down to where you left off, opening the next game, rinse and repeat.

My workaround at the moment is to just open each game in a new tab, but being able to do this kind of flagging directly from the main page would be to prefer, in my opinion.

4 Likes

A couple of other thoughts:

• Maybe I’m missing it, but I don’t see a way to sort the main list (not filter, just sort). The list appears to be sorted by day of release on Game Pass (?). It would be really nice to be able to sort alphabetically, by actual release date (not Game Pass release date), by metacritic score, and by Time to Beat.
  • Like wise on filters it would be really nice to be able to filter by metacritic or by time to beat.

I have no idea how easy these things are to implement, so forgive me if I’m making difficult requests, but I would also love to see a filter for Xbox exclusives and Day 1 Game Pass releases.

3 Likes

Agree with all of this.

First, a minor suggestion:

It would be nice to be able to filter the “Bethesda Softworks” tab to show only console or only PC versions of the game. Right now it’s showing both, and I can’t seem to see a way to filter out one kind.

I know I can just choose the Console or PC tab, but then I get to see everything. And from those tabs I don’t appear able to sort by publisher or developer, so I think the only way to see only Bethesda games is via that tab.

And then a… bug?

Don’t know that it qualifies as that, but for games with alternative titles, it appears to have problems pulling the How Long to Beat and Metacritic score.

The perfect example is Morrowind. On the console listing it has both the HLtB and MC numbers, but on the PC listing both are missing. The difference is that the console title is simply " The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" while the PC title is " The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (PC)"

And it appears it’s not just the “Game of the Year Edition” that’s messing it up, because the same issue is true for Wolfenstein: The New Order. The PC edition doesn’t have the HLtB and MC numbers, and with that game the only title difference is the (PC) bit.

And finally another suggestion:

Including the date the game came to Game Pass would be nice. For two reasons:

1. Since the list has upcoming games like Sniper Elite 5, it’d be nice to know when exactly it’ll be available to play.

2. For games already on the service, it can help give you an idea of how soon it might leave the service. I know for myself, if I have a hard time choosing between two games, it can definitely be a differentiator if I think one of them might leave soon.

2 Likes

While on the PC tab, it would be really nice to be able to filter by “Only on PC” or something similar. As a console first gamer, when I’m looking at PC games I mainly want to find the games that I can only play there.

I’m sure for some people the inverse of that would be useful - while on the Console tab be able to filter by only on console.

2 Likes

A bit of a meta suggestion:

Maybe mention in the public DayOne thread that the Early Access phase has begun for Patrons. The benefit would be two-fold I think. One, it would help stoke interest a bit. And two, it might also nudge some people over the edge to become Patrons.

The potential downside is obviously that dayone.xboxera.com isn’t a particularly hard URL to guess, so you might end up with more testers than you had in mind.

2 Likes

this is looking great. I have a few bits I’ve suggestions/bugs:

• The favourite icon should go next to the game title rather than on the games art. For 360 it isnt fully on the box art and for some titles you cannot see the icon due to it being white on white
  • It would be cool to be able to filter/search by genre. IE I should be able to click on the “Role Playing” genre and see other games within the same genre.
  • The footer isnt always stuck to the bottom. If you filter all the games out you will see the footer overlapping the black background.
  • On desktop the filter chevron should be a pin icon instead to better symbolise what it is actually for
  • I think 360/og games shouldnt have the banner image on. As they dont really have images to support that banner

Quick somewhat pointless techical question but im interested :smile: Why are you using vuetify and bootstrap together? They have some overlapping classes and arent really designed to be using with each other.

I’d also recommend upgrading to bootstrap 5 rather than using BS4 considering its EOL in 6 months time

It’s screengrabs/bugs etc being shared publicly that’ll frustrate me more than anything else. That’s why it’s in early access after all! :slight_smile:

Appreciate all the feedback and discussion here folks. I can’t guarantee that every feature will make it for 1.0, but we’ll do our best!

A bit of a medley of suggestions:

• It would be nice to be able to search for more than just titles. For example genre or publishers or developers. Or perhaps that ought to also be available in the filter menu.

• And speaking of the filter menu, it’d be nice to have How Long to Beat sliders. So I can create a filter showing games that would take 3-6 hours to beat.

• It’d be nice to have more elements of a game profile be clickable. Some examples: Clicking on the genre would take me to a list of other games in that genre. Clicking on the Metacritic score would take me to Metacritic and the listinf for that game. Clicking on the publisher or developer would take me to a list of other games by that publisher or developer.

• Another search related one: When you search on a title that exists for both PC and Console, both listings show up in the search results. But unless the PC version has (PC) in its name, there’s no way to differentiate which result is for which version. A good example is the results shown if I search “rainbow six”

• In the “My Library” list, it would be nice to be able to change the flags right there. Meaning, click the heart to make something a favourite, or check/uncheck under Currently Playing and Finished.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, just been messing with this on my phone while on break.

Just a small thing, but I noticed that when I go to a game, then back out to my search list, the game I favorite doesn’t have the heart next to it. It does seem to update it though if I refresh and search again.

Definitely loving the setup so far though. And agree that a “Played” option would be nice for games we may have abandoned or plan on coming back to. Maybe have an option also for “Want to Play” or something like that?

That’s in the works. From the OP:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve seen some of DayOne now, and what I’ve seen so far looks well designed. Really like the design.

Although while looking through some of the parts of it (haven’t seen it all yet. More so a quick look). I just wanted to report an issue.

Issue Info

So I went onto DayOne and tapped the pop-out options menu seen on the left. I haven’t scrolled down the list at all in this screenshot.

I scrolled down the list and this is where it stops at for me when I try to scroll down the list. Note that you can see two more filter options at the bottom of the screenshot, but they are cut off.

When I view the page in desktop mode and open the filters list, I can see all the filter options, including the two filter options that are cut off on mobile.

Device and Browser Info

Browser: [Microsoft] Edge Mobile Browser version: 100.0.1185.43

Android version: 12

Other Info/Note(s)/Etcetera

Note that my device uses a 6.8 inch screen. While I cannot say for sure, more filter options could possibly be cut off for phones with a smaller screen, or it may be the same amount of filter options cut off regardless of a users screen size.

Sorry if this is a lot. I wasn’t sure how much info to give, so I just included as much as I could think of. Better to get too much info than too little I guess :phil_lmao:

Oh uhh… Ignore the amount of open tabs… Don’t judge me :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback! We will look into the issues and work on ideas/features. After the bug is fixed or a feature is added, we will update this thread.

5 Likes

Me looking at all the cool features

4 Likes

Oh, this will be great!

1 Like

Alphabetical order sorting would be nice.

Crashed on me twice while backing out of a title and returning to the console list.

Takes a few seconds to back out which could get annoying and agree that returning to the top of the list is not ideal.

YouTube Review link before Images sounds like a great idea.

I also would like a ‘Tried that’ option to remind me about games I gave started or bounced off.

The problem with adding all release dates is that we do not always know them in advance.

Looks great overall though.

Win 10, chrome browser

Generally looks good, one random log out during a brief session of use, couldn’t reproduce.

Couple of improvement suggestions: Currently links to OT, reviews etc open in the same window, would expect links outside of the tool to open in a new tab.

When clicking back to “home” via the circular 1 logo at top of page filters remained applied. Makes more sense to have this action also clear filters to me as I couldn’t think of a use case where you would want to go back to the “home” page and keep filters applied.

No link to store that I could find, If I’m using an app or web page to browse for content then having to move to another to find and install content is unnecessary friction (or link to store is broken or not visible if there is one :)).

A few updates today. Genres are now available, and users should see the beginnings of your forum profile being pulled into the application. Work is ongoing.

5 Likes