Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

Release Date: December 10th 2020

Platforms: Xbox, Playstation, PC, Stadia

Developer: CD Project Red (best known for The Witcher series)

What is Cyberpunk 2077:

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

Controversy- Accusations and Reporting of Transphobia and Crunch

While this game is highly anticipated, we should not lose sight of the several issues surrounding this game. I encourage you to read these articles that talk about accusations and reporting of Transphobia and Crunch during the development of this game.

Trailers and Gameplay

https://youtu.be/vjF9GgrY9c0

This OT will updated with more info before release. Do NOT post spoilers

5 Likes
4 Likes

Interesting

Very excited if we’ll get 60 FPS support day one.

It seems that it will you would think they would let us know about the different modes

Wonder what the resolution difference will be between the two.

Also, will it be a solid 60fps, or like AC Valhalla was at launch? It’s honestly going to be a tough choice choosing between the two modes. Kinda makes me want to play on PC but also don’t want to go back to playing on PC at same time.

It’s happening!

4-FA8067-F-CE5-D-4606-8-ABA-98-A979-B40-FBF

1 Like

I will wait for the next gen patch.

Interesting! So it seems it will have performance and resolution modes straight out of the gate after all. And these two modes aren’t found in the One X version?

From what I can tell its next gen only

I wanna play this on Series S. I know it’ll run the One S version but i hope it’s at least 1080p with a solid 30fps unless the game has an uncapped framerate (which i doubt).

https://streamable.com/kjzcfu Leaked footage of it on one s i watched it its just free roaming/driving nothing spoilery i made sure of it

Yeah that footage didn’t look too bad although there was some serious pop in and some textures were not loading fast. I don’t think those will be huge issues in the series s because ssd. But it should run just fine at 1080p I would think. Next gen optimization will be interesting.

Haha I wonder if this game will casue people to upgrade sooner to current gen, that One S footage is pretty bad with the pop in.

Looks pretty decent. Series S should iron out those pop in issues.

The reflections look a bit broken. But perhaps that is Pre patch. Other than that it looked pretty good. What you’d expect I guess.

I’m fairly sure that CDPR have tweaked things sufficiently so Series S isn’t playing the straight up one S version, nor Series X the One X. Few changes I suspect.

Nice!

But how do you insert a video like that here? :slight_smile:

Dreamcast Guy has a preview of Cyberpunk 2077 as he’s played almost 40 hours and completed the story campaign. Have only seen half the video since im watching the Iron Lords Podcast right now. Video has since been taken down by CDPR. He’ll re-post it Wednesday when the embargoes lift. From what I watched of the video, he was all positive about the game.