Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed by 21 days, Coming Dec 10th

So it definitely isn’t going to qualify fo the game awards goty this year. But if it’s going to help it, then delay it.

This game will be a messy bugfest at launch.

Now I really want to find out what is on the disc without a patch. For science!

already confirmed by Geoff haha. Guess it’s gonna be TLOU2 cuz the industry loves it beyond comprehension rn.

All I know is at least a spot was freed for Ori WOTW cuz that game NEEDS to be there in the GOTY nominations, but who knows, there’s a chance Hades or even Fall Guys could take up its spot as an indie game smh

My predictions for noms

TLOU2 (will win)

Ghost of Tsushima

Fall Guys/Hades/Ori WOTW

Animal Crossing

DOOM Eternal

FF7R

While i am pretty hyped about this game, a gameplay segment I saw a few months back, did look a bit tedious, it was a section inna building just shooting and hacking all these cyborg ppl, it looked ok but it look like a game ive played a 1000 times before, like the more tedious parts of bioshock and fallout games. I do worry this game may not have the gameplay variety, and is just shooting/hacking encounter after shooting/hacking encounter with average fps controls and gunplay.

Same day as the Keighley awards. Lol.

Nah, gold is just when they make the master copy that they’ll press into the retail discs. If they waited until the game was “done” it wouldn’t even go gold until December, which means it wouldn’t actually release until next year.

2 Likes

I learned something new today. I didn’t know this.

1 Like

Or nobody cared like that about cd projekt red.

So fucking true…

This hurts me so deeply. Now it’s coming in between The Medium and Immortals Fenyx Rising for me. Guess I’m gonna have to power thru The Medium and then get to Cyberpunk. Gonna be really hard to not wanna play Cyberpunk while playing thru The Medium. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to beat so I can jump in Cyberpunk. Or I could play Cyberpunk in the day and The Medium at night. I’ll figure something out, lol.

1 Like

Oh boy here we go again

Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Didn’t Know About The Delay Until The Day Of, Here’s Why

If one of you got the time to read the conference call pdf from CDPR, I’d recommend as it’s really interesting, with all the details around the delay, the future for cyberpunk 2077, CDPR, etc.

*Q12: Hello. You mentioned that the problem was with the current-gen consoles. Is the problem different for Xbox and PS4, the latter of which is perhaps a bit stronger – or is it very similar for both consoles? *

*MN: Hi; Michał Nowakowski again. I wouldn’t say there is a “problem” because there’s nothing wrong with Xbox or PS4 versions – there is optimization to be handled, also because of how we were approaching things from the get-go in terms of development; so – there is no problem with Xbox or PlayStation 4, to be honest. Now, in terms of issues – I don’t think there’s much point in going there. Yes, there are some issues that are similar – I’m not going to go through a full bug report here; that’s probably pointless – but let’s put it like this: there are some issues which are common to both platforms and some issues which are slightly different; it’s a mixed bag, really. It’s something that can be handled, can be done and something that we’re currently working on. It’s a huge game, so there are a lot of things to be tackled – which is the underlying reason behind the conversation we’re having tonight. *

*Q12: My question was related to the rumors form one year ago, I believe, which said that there were some problems with optimization for Xbox, but as I understand – this is not related? *

MN: This was a total hoax; a fake rumor. That I can say; otherwise – there’s just regular work to be done on both platforms

They said some japanese gamers finished the game and loved it, they also expect the game to reach 90+ score & apparently the next gen update is scheduled for the 1st quarter of 2021.

They also confirmed their next game is obviously fully next gen.

The Witcher here I come!

More time to play the onslaught of titles coming out between October and November I guess :stuck_out_tongue: Sucks to be The Medium though.

1 Like

Selfishly, I’m not unhappy it’s delayed. I’ll enjoy playing this over Christmas whilst off work, and it gives me a full month with WD:Legion, which I don’t intend to start playing until I get the XSX.

Yeah, I don’t know why so many people ignore/forget about how COVID has devastated the entire planet’s normal functions. Personally, I just want the game when it’s ready and it’s better for the developers’ health and the health of the franchise (you already know the comments if it launches poorly). I have tons to play thanks to Game Pass and an already swamped Fall.

Just like with Infinite, I’ll be there Day One, whenever that is. In the meantime, I wish nothing but the best for the team at CDPR and for everyone here, just remember these are people too. Stay safe and sane.

Exactly why I am managing my expectations considerably. If another delay occurs I won’t be surprised or disappointed.