Celebrating 2,000 ID@XBOX Releases

• More than 2,000 games from independent developers have released through the ID@Xbox program.
  • ID@Xbox has paid out more than $1.5 billion in royalties to independent developers since the program’s inception.
  • There are over 2,000 titles in development from independent developers on Xbox.

More at the link, but that’s an impressive number to say the least! Glad to see so many independent developers having success on Xbox and Game Pass.

4 Likes

I saw this earlier today on XBox wire. These are great number, and even better is that some many smaller independent developers are finding success.

My favourites are definitely Inside and Cuphead. But I also loved the early 360 games in the summer of arcade weeks. Great stuff emerged from this program.

Inside is possibly the best indie game ever made.

Playdead is insanely talented, but they take forever to make games that are rather extremely short lol, but those two odd hours alone beat several AAA games put together.

Them signing a deal with Epic means the game is at least coming within three years from now haha

1 Like

Some of my favorite games on Game Pass were indies, and some of the games I’m looking forward to are indies as well (12 minutes, Tunic, The Falconeer, Sable, etc)

ID@Xbox is an incredible and underrated program. Some truly incredible developers and great support by Microsoft. Game Pass just makes the deal even sweeter for everyone involved.

1 Like