Call of the Sea will be released on December 8

Please don’t skip pc game pass

Please don’t skip pc game pass

Same. The recent demo really threw me off with all that expo dump every two seconds.

Especially unfortunate given the voice actor is the one who voiced Delilah in Firewatch, a game this is clearly taking inspiration from, at least in structure and gameplay and one that did it very well. I guess we just gotta live it it and explore the game for its story which hopefully is good, and the visuals and sound which already look phenomenal tho.

2 Likes
4 Likes

December will be a nice Game Pass month with Call of the Sea and Haven.

Good, I already have enough games with that.

1 Like

Dragon Quest as well.

The Medium coulda been there as well if not for another delay. And if you are on pc, Doom Eternal and EA Play too. December woulda been all around fire.

Hope we get Crossfire X release date confirmation soon.

2 Likes

Not to mention the Series X|S patch for Destiny 2!

1 Like

The Medium has been delayed already to early 2021 due Covid and Cyberpunk raining on their parade

1 Like

Oh I am in for this!

Read my post again :slightly_smiling_face:

So as an update, I decided to poke around to see if RT was patched, seems like, despite MS pushing this as a game with Ray Tracing, they’ve now abandoned it.

At the moment, the game on PC and consoles does not support raytracing. This is something that we are actively considering and part of the additional features and upgrades that I was mentioning above. If we were to include raytracing in the future, we will make sure to let you know as soon as it is the case.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/k9sbk8/we_are_out_of_the_blue_games_developer_of_just/

Q: Why did your development team choose to focus on 4K Resolution, 60FPS and DirectX Raytracing as enhancement areas for Call of the Sea?

A: We are focusing on delivering the most beautiful game possible. Although we have a stylized art style, we are giving it a next-gen look, full of visual effects and movement in the scene. With DirectX Raytracing, we will have the chance to make the island even more present, almost come to life. Players will have the opportunity to enjoy the island’s stunning environments in beautiful 4K, allowing for a greater immersion and an overall better experience.The power of this new hardware allows us to not have to make compromises between frame rate and resolution. We can finally offer the best of the two worlds to Xbox Series X players!

So, that sucks. What’s up with MS and devs straight up lying to us?

Dont see Microsoft lying there and more of a dev overpromising.

2 Likes

Lots of games on XSX have their RT feature on back burner likely due to GDK issues still.

So likely we won’t see it then. I don’t see a small studio working on a free patch for a game months old.

Maneater and Observer are other games that promised Ray Tracing and failed to do so at launch.

Meanwhile, games from big studios like Call of Duty and Watch Dogs have Ray Tracing. If big studios are having problems with GDK, I can only imagine small independent studios.

2 Likes

It depends. Might be good reason to get more publicity for all we know.

Oh did Maneater not end up putting it in either? I thought it was there for water reflections.

Yeah, there was no Ray Tracing when I played it in November. And according to its store page, there is still no support for it. :frowning:

Ray tracing is a hoax!

1 Like

I hope these devs work out these issues, I do want Ray tracing on Call of the Sea, Observer and Maneater.

I’m going to keep bugging the devs on twitter to see if they have abandoned it

1 Like

Does Maneater not have raytracing?! I thought it got Raytracing recently. It was on my post-holiday sale list because of it.