Call of the Sea will be released on December 8

Call of the Sea, one of the first games to be announced for the Series X, is being released on December 8, 2020 according to its Microsoft Store page.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/call-of-the-sea/9p27zmz7fdpz

It is 1934, in the far reaches of the South Pacific. Norah has crossed the ocean following the trail of her missing husband’s expedition and finds herself on a lush island paradise - a nameless, forgotten place, dotted with the remnants of a lost civilization.

What strange secrets does it hold, and what might Norah unearth in her quest for the truth?

The game will support 4K Ultra HD resolution with a framerate up to 120 FPS, as well as Ray Tracing and Smart Delivery. The game will be joining the Game Pass catalogue on day one.

The achievements list for the game also went live. Beware of spoilers!

11 Likes

I plan to play this.

Sidenote, I wonder if CrossFireX will stil make an appearance.

4 Likes

Nice!

6 Likes

Makes up for delaying the medium, Very excited for this one!

3 Likes

Cool will give it a shot

2 Likes

Exited for this one. Should be a nicer palette cleanser for AC:V.

1 Like

Does this game have any combat whatsoever, or is more like Gone Home?

According to Wikipedia there is no combat system in the game.

Then I hope it’s short. I loved Gone Home, but if they had stretched it out longer, I think I would have turned on it.

Looks like an interesting game. I’ll be giving it a try on Xbox Game Pass in that case.

2 Likes

Really happy about this, I cancelled my Falconeer order with the bad reviews (I’ll play it later when it’s discounted or on Game Pass), and The Medium has been delayed, there wasn’t much left for me to see something new in 4k60 with HDR and ray tracing. Should be a nice showcase for the Series X next month, if I ever receive it (ordered on launch day on the MS Store, 0 update so far).

1 Like

For everyone looking forward to Series X Game Pass indie titles, don’t forget that Haven and Morkredd are also joining the catalogue on day one this December.

5 Likes

Fantastic, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Good to know thanks! Not sold on these 2 games but I’ll give them a try.

2 Likes

Can’t wait! Looks real good!

1 Like

Will definitely be playing this, though wish it was third-person

3 Likes

My lone concern atm is the character constantly telling you what to do with simple puzzles. That could be a real issue. I love the FP adventure style myself.

Could be real nice pace for new next gen titles on XSX (this, Cyberpunk, The Medium, Ascent). :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice surprise. Didn’t expect it this year anymore. A great game to play in between these huge ass open worlds in ACV and WDL for sure. Nice change of pace.

The last footage showed some performance issues, so hopefully they smoothened that out.

By the way, the store didn’t have this release date before?

It’s on sale for $17.99 right now.

1 Like

It’s a day one GamePass release as well!

3 Likes