Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Really curious what they would make because Raven and the other studios that got delegated to COD factory made lots of interesting games. I think the creative freedom for all studios and stopping COD from being annual got me the most excited about this deal.

The games they release will determine how we look bad at this move. Was it a bad move for the industry because consolidation or a good one because it revitalized the output of the largest publisher.

1 Like

Well… BC for those old-arse games would be a good start. Bonus point with the FPS boost. All 360 Spidey games on Gamepass would be amazing.

9 Likes

The other portion of this acquisition that makes any regulatory action less likely is the diversity of the portfolio. Xbox is not acquiring someone with a stronghold on any portion of the market. Xbox is really making entries into two newish areas or currently very small areas for them with Esports and Mobile. Those are significant and expensive portions of the acquisition. It’s not like this is monopolizing content on console for example. It’s very spread out.

1 Like

Yeah I saw this mentioned and it is correct. A big proportion of the deal is for King and Microsoft has almost no presence on mobile, and not only that but they don’t have their own mobile OS, which helps any potential scrutiny about using it to promote their own services.

3 Likes

Great minds think alike. I was posting similar thoughts in the other thread at exactly the same time.

Well looks like it’s all good to go ahead and make Cod exclusive! these people don’t care about it :wink:

11 Likes

Yupp run it through. No effect on PS.

1 Like

Really want them to aquire something big in japan so that all the people who keep saying “I dont play these games so it has no effect on me” will finally be effected by it lmao

2 Likes

“don’t play acti-blizz games”

Yeah those Overwatch/Diablo 3/Crash remasters playtimes on PS4 are pretty cool huh?..

4 Likes

It’s probably more them just trying to cope by saying they don’t play their games so they aren’t missing anything, because if this is true there seems to be a lot of them don’t play many games. They said it with Bethesda probably said it with Ninja Thoery, Obsidian and such.

Also gotta add they might not even know who makes these games because I saw someone the other day say they don’t give a crap and won’t miss much but they had an overwatch avatar lol.

5 Likes

I like it

2 Likes

Yeah, apparently PS gamers never played a Bethesda, Activision, Blizzard, Obsidian or Ninja theory game anyway.

5 Likes

Microsoft should buy Kojima and Square >:)

2 days later Kojima will become “overrated” lol. You can’t argue with fanboys, the fact is that COD was the second most played PS5 game behind Fortnite(a free game), this survey is totally useless and nonsensical.

10 Likes

funny part is that sony needs cod for their online subscriptions. if i wanted to kill off sony(which i do) i would just make every game exclusively not on playstation, including minecraft. sony fans love their cinematic sole 3rd person stories. let’s see how that would bode for sony.

“Kojima is washed up and will just take money from anyone no wonder he went with Xbox he can go make crappy cloud games and tv shows who cares we won’t miss much” fanboy probably.

4 Likes

Wow, Destin went in on the biased media on Xbox acquisition. Even sweared on the recent video. It was censored but it’s the feeling I got three days ago. It’s just hypocrisy at its worst.

7 Likes

My thoughts on this acquisitions:

1. Oh my GOD, Oh my GOD, Oh my GOD!!! It was a nuclear BOMB;

2. Xbox owns incredibile IPs for RTS: Aoe, Warcraft, StarCraft, Empire Earth and Caesar.

So, my question for you: since Xbox already said how much important RTS genre Is for Gamepass PC (and they Will be for console too), do you Think we’ll finally see new titles for Warcraft and StarCraft? I’m pretty Sure Blizzard would love to work on them.

1. beside Blizzard, Xbox has not RTS developers. Sega has very good relationship with Xbox and two RTS developers as CA and Relic, and Total War IP. I Think the next step Will be the Sega acquisition. What do you Think about?
7 Likes

The most shocking part is even many journalist don’t get it and throw anti trust around. :face_exhaling:

I need to watch the video later. Probs for calling them out.

4 Likes