Bonnie Ross leaves 343 due to Family Medical issues (Pierre Hintze Takes over 343)

Did not see a thread on this yet,

Pierre Hintze takes over 343, he has done a great job on making MCC a great experience now and pretty much fixed MCC to be a huge asset for MS instead of being a huge blight

It seems Bonnie was going to leave 343 at some point in the next months due to Family Medical issues but seems things needed her attention at home sooner than expected.

3 Likes

This in my opinion is a great decision. One person to be studio head, GM of the Halo IP and run business and operations is just too much for any one person to handle and I don’t care who it is.

Splitting this across three different people who can then concentrate on just what they’re required to do is a great decision and should help Halo Infinite get back on track.

2 Likes

The Halo infinite campaign was amazing and a TON of fun, I hope these moves can make future SP expansions come out at a quicker pace.

I know the MP side needs work but that SP campaign for infinite ended up being brilliant and it needs more content asap.

2 Likes

Best of luck to her moving forward and well wishes to her family.

Congratulations to the people starting their new roles and here is to their future leading 343. :clinking_glasses:

10 Likes

Wishing all the best for Bonnie and her family.

3 Likes

No matter someone’s opinions on certain things with 343 (I for one have loved my time with Halo Infinite campaign and ongoing multiplayer), Bonnie seemed like a passionate person for the Halo franchise. I absolutely wish her and her family well.

5 Likes

I wish her the best and hope her family stay strong.

I can’t help but feel 343i is about to have the new WWE effect. If you don’t know, spoiler: it’s going to be good.

3 Likes

Yessir! I wish Bonnie Ross all the best!

1 Like

I saw you posted this earlier with “the HHH effect” and it took me a good hour or two to figure out what you’d meant (and I even read an article about the changes at WWE under new management earlier!) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The extreme fan base are out and already one video suggests Bonnie Ross has been fired. Sad, but not unexpected.

Sorry to hear this and wishing all the best for Bonnie and her family.

8 Likes
1 Like

Wishing all the best to her and her family and hope she gets to enjoy retirement, seriously 28 years in this industry is quite the feat.

8 Likes

All the best to Bonnie and her family!

As for Halo, hopefully this restructure is going to mean good things for the franchise because Halo does deserve a lot better.

2 Likes

What you are seeing now is already a result of all this restructure. She announced her retirement yesterday, but it doesn’t mean that they all assumed their new roles only yesterday. It must have taken week and maybe months to train people into their new roles, so they can assume them safely now.

All of what 343 does right now, taking time so they can avoid crunch, identifying the biggest problems first and move on to the others, that is a result of the restructure that you saw when Joseph Staten came on board.

4 Likes

Will be sad to see Bonnie go, she did a lot for Halo fans and for other games as well before that including Crackdown…

Microsoft apparently thought about winding Halo down as Bungie was leaving and she came in with a plan that convinced them to keep going forward with it. We’ve had a lot of great experiences as a result of that, and I appreciate her drive in seeing it happen.

Sorry to see her go and not on the time line she was planning for.

3 Likes

Agreed for the most part, I would just add that the crunch avoidance was actually an initiative from Bonnie following the release of Halo 5.

5 Likes

It would be nice if XboxEra did a short video thanking Bonnie Ross for all she has done for Xbox and Halo.

5 Likes

Noted :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Reminder to lock comments on the video if you end up doing it.

1 Like