Bloomberg: Microsoft Sets Sights on Sony’s Home Turf in Game Console Clash

I’m just being petty especially considering all the exclusive content Sony keeps paying for. I’m sure if Microsoft does decided to buy a studio in Japan, they will be making exclusives.

It’s exciting to say the least. I wonder who it is.

4 Likes

I have some guesses: Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh? - #2663 by DeoGame

2 Likes

That’s a really good list.

Which ones do you really want them to acquire?

1 Like

Thanks

I wanna see them get at least a few among Kojima (Kojima), Igarashi (Artplay) Itagaki (Independent? Valhalla? I’m unsure), SWERY (White Owls) and Suda (Grasshopper) on board. I love MS’s dedication to realizing the vision of several of the industry’s best creatives who are in turn freed from the industry’s unfortunate shifts.

Level 5 would be great because it saves the devs, but their games don’t hold much appeal to me personally on paper.

Getting Capcom, Bandai Namco, SEGA and Square Enix even further on board with Game Pass would be great. I don’t see a need to buy them as they have weathered the generational transition better than say Zenimax did, albeit somewhat at a cost to their games.

1 Like

Acquire White Owls and let SWERY make whatever he wants. I’d love to see what kind of batshit insanity he comes up with without limitations. :smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been a stan for Sega since the declaration that Microsoft was going to be buying studios again in August. They make the most sense for them in Japan!

I get the feeling that TimDog might know who is concerned :

3 Likes

I’ll take Sega, Capcom, From please.

3 Likes

Our wish might have been realised

https://mobile.twitter.com/XcloudTimdog/status/1325288937556992001

Yeah, going by what he said, it seems to be either a publisher or a big studio.

4 Likes

Place your bets!

Ah if it’s really true I’m so happy. Capcom or Fromsoftware, even Square Enix.

But I bet on Capcom 1st. They were open to sell and wanted to since a while. Best fit they fill all the criterias. Capcom is a megaton really for me. Under 6bn crazy deal even 7bn is worth it.

5 Likes

There is choice, that’s for sure. It could be From Software ( if Kadokawa wants to sell them ), Platinum Games, Kojima Production (:slight_smile:), or yes Capcom, SEGA. SEGA could be possible based on all the things they sold that could have been problematic for MS.

2 Likes

If it is Fromsoftware, the other forums would explode. Nuking any hope of Bloodborne 2.

6 Likes

I would lose my shit if they got Fromsoftware or Capcom haha

2 Likes

I hope, but I dunno if Tim Dog would know such things

1 Like

Same as you. For Fromsoftware MS has to negotiate with Kadokawa to buy the studio from them. If it is the case and if the deal was done man it is a nuclear bomb drop. All other forums disintegrated lol

2 Likes

He was the most accurate on a lot of things. Doesn’t mean he knows everything of course but it shows he has some connections.

I hope too it is a big one.

2 Likes

Yeah, he has been right everytime lately, and he also shares his doubts when he is not sure about something. Here, he seems to be pretty sure about it.

He is also followed by Phil Spencer, Jason Ronald, Aaron Greenberg… So, he definitely has connections with Xbox.

3 Likes

Yep I can trust him on this, based on all what we know. MS keeping this bomb for the right moment I guess. Strategic impact. Maybe on monday? Of course it is just fun speculation. Exciting times!

Monday could be possible, though I would understand if there is nothing either. Talks are probably still happening ( or they are already finished who knows ). Keeping up with the state of acquisitions is one of the hardest thing for insiders.

1 Like