Bethesda/Machine games are doing an Indiana Jones Game (Confirmed)

Who did the ritual wrong?!

1 Like

Wow, a new Indiana Jones game. And so unexpected. Hype!

1 Like

Lol, Iā€™m already seeing PS fans frantically convincing themselves that of course this game canā€™t be exclusive!

I expect a Wolfenstein announcement at E3. This Indiana Jones games seems far away still. At least 2 years, if not more.

Expect a Wolfenstein game to release between Q3 2021 and Q2 2022 imo.

4 Likes

My hope is the deal closes February like rumoured and they rip off the bandaid. I know they might wanna build hype but make it abundantly clear what is and is not exclusive for announced games.

No console announcement means this just exists as a concept and cant be tied to anything.

Spiderman precedent is there too.

Yeah, this looks super early and in the initial prototype stage and Bethesda has acknowledged it is early. I still expect Wolfenstein 3 to be announced this year too.

This better be an exclusive

4 Likes

Yea we wonā€™t hear about this for a while I imagine

Iā€™m leaning towards this idea too. Feels like an IOI - Bond type announcement where they have agreed to make a game using the IP.

We might still get Wolfenstein 3 soon and this game being in pre production in the meanwhile.

This will be bigger than Uncharted.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Im not the biggest Uncharted fan but no need for this hyperbole.

1 Like

As we already have a thread for the Bethesda exclusivity topic it might be a good idea if we could confine those discussions there so that we can keep ones such as this referencing a single game to allow people to just discuss the game.

So though it looks super early to me, a modern 3rd person action puzzle game in the Indy universe certainly appeals to me. Plus machine games.

1 Like

This is awesome news but I donā€™t understand why they would announce this in a tweet? This is something that should have been saved for an Xbox Games Showcase (E3) in 2023 when you see a story trailer and then gameplay immediately afterwards.

Excited for this and unless it was something that had to be announced, I donā€™t know why they would reveal this especially in the way that they did.

This game is obviously years away but I would imagine that after Wolfenstein III, every game will be exclusive to Xbox/PC for obvious reasons.

If not, im staying off the internet that day. lol.

1 Like

Awesome, hope it is exclusive cause I would not want a 1st party dev spending so much resources on a multi plat like this that would be a HUGE system seller if itā€™s exclusive.

1 Like

Almost an hour later and still no retweet from the Playstation twitter account tells you everything you need to know.

1 Like

Or the social media person is the last one who knows if something is definitely exclusive or not. Better not retweet something if you donā€™t have the information.

Oh wow. Out of nowhere. Holy fuck.

Is this how itā€™s going to be for Xbox going forward? Iā€™m all in for that :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Itā€™s either fully exclusive to Xbox

Or

Microsoft is paying a kingā€™s ransom to ensure Day 1 on GamePass with either a limited time-exclusivity or same-day but making sure Xbox is the primary platform.

Thatā€™s it.

The only two options.

1 Like

Could be due to the terms of the contract as it alligns with Lucasfilm Gamesā€™ rebranding efforts. Other games like Avengers, IOā€™s Bond, Ubisoftā€™s Avatar, EAā€™s Battlefront and Jedi Fallen Order and even to an extent Insomniacā€™s Spider Man had to be announced in similar ways.

1 Like