Battlefield 2042

Ya like I said.

1 Like

What I was implying is that itā€™s normal. He stated that the build dated from the 29th of july, but that was not when the build was actually made.

3-4 months is a very old build. I think at this point in development, builds are made on a daily basis. Obviously, they want people to play the more stable build, so they had to cut some features that are not ready and reduce some of the stress the engine put on the hardware.

Some stuff are finalized in the last month, sometimes just weeks/days before launch. Thatā€™s just how it is.

Like cooking, everything comes out hot. Especially today. We should worry about launch day, not months before.

https://youtu.be/bIN5WIppwa0

If this is a serious spoiler in any way feel free to remove.

Just waiting for xbox to put the damn punch card up so I can preorder

Punch card?

Not sure what you mean by that, but I already was able to pre-order it a couple days ago

Microsoft Rewards, where the typical game punchards produce 6000 points, which is $6, or 10% off the price of the game if you look at it that way.

Ahhh, I didnā€™t correlate the two. Thanks

3 Likes

YeeeeeAHHH Royeeeeee

Things certainly look more polished than that old alpha footageā€¦not that there was any chance it wouldnā€™t

1 Like

Iā€™m fucking in!!!

1 Like

And delay, or not, it certainly appears they were looking to dodge both COD and Haloā€™s beta/flight periods and get a block of time to themself

Can you tell much from a highly curated 50 second video with tiny gameplay snippets running on a 3090? When are they going to show us uncut gameplay of a match from console? I guess this is really a demo so weā€™ll get to see it then but even with Covid its super super weird that this is the first time weā€™ll see real gameplay when we play it a month before release.

EA Play gets early access, so by extension, that means the 10 hour demo shall come early for Gamepass PC/Ultimate users too right?

I noticed more actual in game things running, or displaying better, like hit markers, names and numbers flashing. Things that will be there no matter what youā€™re playing a game on

Just looks more like a familiar Battlefield product

So if I get this right, itā€™s not exactly an open beta in the sense that itā€™s for everyone? You have to preorder it to get access?

The pre-order is for early access I guess.

no, only the early access is walled behind either pre-orders or if you have EA Play. The early access will open on 6th, whereas the public open beta that will be accessible by everyone will be 8th.

But we have EA Play via Game Pass. So should be good then :slight_smile: