Battlefield 2042 delayed

I think CoD is popular mostly because of short TTK, fundamentaly unbalanced perk system, killstreaks and it’s twitch shooting mechanics. CoD has nailed that aiming and shooting mechanic since CoD 4 maybe ? There’s not many FPS that feels like it. It’s the default MP shooter for kids and adults that don’t want to get too involved. It’s fun and offers a lot of stuff to unlock from weapons to skins, ect.

It’s also familiar, so you don’t have to learn mechanics from scratch when launching the game. It’s junk-food FPS. So people buy it every year like they buy FIFA. It doesn’t matter if it’s getting stale or have more and more recycled content : It’s CoD.

I bought MW and Cold War after stopping at CoD 4 and I was still right at home. But It’s also a mindless shooter, so I’m happy to get back to BF. But BF is more complex, have a lot more downtime and stuff to learn like the maps and gadgets. That’s what is getting in the way of that constant adrenaline rush some gamers are after.

I’m hoping for more people giving BF a chance this time around. I can’t stand seeing those holo sights and handles on MP40 and Stg44 in Vanguard…

Nope not this time there is literally zero hype for vanguard wile BF 2042 is getting all the hype.

Why the hell is there a 3 Gig Update for Battlefield 3 on Xbox BC?

When has cod ever Been hyped in the gaming community?? Not since the 360 days.

Cod just comes and goes. Sells millions.

Hype means nothing. Unless you’re cyberpunk

I’m not focused on anything. Don’t know what I’m shitting on. Cod maybe but I’ll happily shit on that because of a number of things. Activision being one of the main reasons. Same reason I shit on FIFA and Madden for being scams.

Gamepass would not have any effect on Halo multiplayers success, popularity and longevity. Campaign? Yes. MP? Nope. The free to play model will ensure the game will see significantly higher engagement than gamepass can even touch.

But you’re right that it being both Xbox and PC day 1 is absolutely gonna be huge.

On the other hand, why not try BF2042 at launch on gamepass EA play through the 10 hour trial?

Pretty Sure Modern Warfare 2019 was pretty hype seeing as it is the best selling in the series. Anyways This is BF best chance at dethroning COD it is this year Modern/future setting vs WW2 settings should give BF2042 the win.

You keep saying this. Be prepared to look foolish when they come out and bf is miles behind cod sales wise.

I mean sure I could. I know ea do those things.

And yeah MP will be free but I’m pretty sure thr content will be limited to buying the game or playing on gamepass. We don’t know thr details for that yet.

what do you mean? the expansions, season passes, etc?

Yeah, I’m expecting none of them to be put on gamepass outside occasional free expansions. Gamepass will just give the base 60 dollar campaign, while the MP shall be F2P and make money through seasonal content and MTX.

I doubt that Vanguard looks boring and old plus Warzone is F2P so i doubt that.

It looks very underwhelming visually, and for me it got boring and old very fast. And this is the open beta.

I’m just over these games, that’s very clear to me now. I would bet that if we were to put BF5 and Vanguard side by side BF5 would win it in terms of visuals. Not impressive by any means.

The new BF I reckon can only look even better than BF5.

Dude, COD gas looked boring and old for a decade now outside of a couple of entries. People still buy them.

COD has never been BF level visually. Mostly due to how COD targets 60fps on consoles. I can’t remember if BFV was 60fps on consoles or bf1 for thst matter. 3 and 4 definitely weren’t.

People like that are the reason COD won’t die lol yall buy the same crap over and over again and wonder why that is?

4 was 60fps I believe

1 Like

Guys, I’m so much more a Battlefield guy than a COD guy. I would love nothing more than to see BF take COD’s spot. I also have found that I agree with GoroMajima on very little, but in this case he is right. No way BF tops COD. Not now, not yet

Doesn’t matter how bad Vanguard looks versus how good 2042 looks. The margins are just too disperate. Can that be cut in to? Sure, but BF has way too much ground to make up still. If things play out a certain way then maybe next time they both release a title, or the time after that, Though it would take COD to continue stumbling for years without a single course correction. So…

The margins will be cut. Cold War had bad reception and this will have worse. Even if this is the best battlefield ever Vanguard will be bigger. I think battlefield could keep it somewhat close though.

Me trying to read how CoD shall fail this year is like my innocent 2019 days hoping for Pokémon Sword and Shield to do bad for several reasons, even ignoring it had some of the most tangible backlash the franchise had ever seen, yet we saw it sell over 20 million copies easily.

Just give up on the hollow dreams of BF2042 outselling CoD even if it’s miles better as a game, it’s simply not happening.

Like all things, I’d love nothing more than being wrong here lol but I think our intuitions are generally reliable when it comes to super predictable things like CoD.

2 Likes

BF on ps4 and xbone (since 4) have been 60fps, or at least targeting that :stuck_out_tongue: