Battlefield 2042 - Coming October 15th

Yeah thats why its grasping at straws, but its all we really have apart from info from “insiders”

Those “insiders” are pretty accurate on COD and Battlefield. There is plenty reason to believe them.

I never said there wasn’t.

Yeah and I can even imagine the modern timeframe rumors is not just from one DICE employee going rogue, but higher ups WANTING the info out there, before they can officially reveal anything themselves

So many fans are so thirsty for them to get back to a modern setting and have been quite loud about that. I seriously doubt they would go back to any previous war setting again, this time around

I do think we’ll be getting Levoltion again, in some form

Maybe not things triggered by the players, but massive weather events, like tornadoes, hurricanes, tidal waves, etc, have been rumored to be things that can happen mid-match.

I don’t have a problem with dynamic weather. I absolutely hate the ‘let’s throw in a sandstorm so you can’t see stuff for the next few minutes’. It completely breaks immersion doesn’t improve the experience and generally is a bit naff.

The whole point of BF is a massive sandbox so that such large scale events aren’t needed for the organic and immersive fun to continue.

Yeah, wasn’t a huge fan of the BF1 sandstorms, or BFV’s white out blizzards. It was cool at first, but after a while it just got intrusive as hell, both visually and audibly

I did love the when tropical storm would kick in on Paracel in BF4, though. Just the right amount of atmosphere and ambience, without getting too in the way of normal gameplay

Have to admit though, seeing a goddamn cyclone roll in and start ripping through the map would be pretty damn epic

Epic once then tedious. The trouble with such events for me are they often change up gameplay in rush/breakthrough game types where visibility changes can alter a match and how it’s going. Whereas I’m a conquest player and these things just ruin the flow of the sandbox.

Hopefully they go back to proper vehicle spawning with planes on the ground not spawning mid air like some sort of awful kill streak.

That’s why they need to make it a rare thing. It will feel like an event, which mitigates the aggrivation of how they change tne tenor of the match. Though again, that only happens if they only come around at a rate where you may play a map 20 times and only have the weather event happen once

I am with you on the vedicle spawn. I would also like to see them get back to having a quicker entering and exiting of the ground vehicles. Maybe less instantanious as before, but certainly quicker than it’s been with the long animations

I do like the idea of atrition for tanks though. It got ridiculous in BF4, where they could just endlessly sit in the same spot and snipe people all match long. Though I would like more tank depots spreadout on the bigger maps. Just make sure there are none on the outskirts, so tanks can’t just sit out there all game. You should have be forced to venture inward every once in a while

Do you guys think battlefield will look better than this on series x?

1 Like

I’m really hoping they can capture the magic of Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 4. Call of Duty has fallen off a cliff and will never be the same again since it’s turned into a Battle Royale franchise now so Battlefield is the last saving grace of console shooters.

Can’t wait to see the reveal trailer.

Yes

Don’t get me wrong, Insurgency Sandstorm is a really nice looking shooter. And one I’m looking very forward to on Series X, hopefully this year

Battlfield will have the benefit of obviously a much bigger dev team and publisher. So the resources will be off the charts. And it comes out years later than Insurgency

The only mitigating factor is the scale of Battlefield. It’s massive maps and player count certainly mean more spread out power needed, but even with that, I see no reason why it won’t look as good, or better

Not gonna lie, my number 1 wish was for Bad Company 3. Because those are some very fun and hilarious campaigns to play. I don’t think it really would have affected the multiplayer though. It would be what it was going to be, regardless

As far as COD goes, every year for I don’t know how long, I would say “I’m not getting COD this year”…and eventually always would. This year was the first time I really stuck to that and didn’t get Cold War. It’s not just the modes the games feature and how well they execute them, it’s the style of COD gameplay itself that I am truly done with

People can say what they will about BFV. It certainly has it’s problems that the new BF will hopefull remedy, but BFV’s gunplay and movement are fantastic. And I feel that was what put the final nail in the coffin with COD for me. I always prefered BF over COD, but the one thing COD had was the gunplay and movement advantage for close quarters combat. Now, thanks to my experiece with Titanfall 2 and BFV, it doesn’t even have that anymore

Please, please be good. BF1 and BFV killed the series for me.

BF4 hardcore conquest mode was the series pinnacle for me. After that… downhill.

image image image

1 Like
2 Likes

Leaked pics. First looks like Wake Island

1 Like

Just started playing battlefield 4 again while I wait for this. So I’m stoked that it got FPS boosted.

This map just wont die

1 Like

2nd pic…I don’t know what the hell I’m looking at. Obviously it looks like a leaked shot of the menu screen, but I don’t know…map editor…mods???

Is BF going to have a fricken Forge mode and mod support?

Seems far fetched