Aspyr Media developing KOTOR remake/reimagining?

Could be one of the big Xbox Game Studios Publishing games they’ve teased? I do believe they have a couple big ones in the pipeline, near and far. Kotor 1-2 were Xbox exclusives.

I agree. That’s why I’m struggling with it being Disney. I don’t see them valuing KOTOR enough to the tune of $70 million to be willing to publish it themselves. I’m very curious about who is publishing this game.

I’d love for that to be the case, but would Xbox want to use Aspyr? Possibly, it’s definitely not the first time they’ve published a game in that range, I’m just not positive about it.

1 Like

The only publisher that makes sense to me is Microsoft.

I think they make the most sense, and I’d love it for it to be them.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it have to be EA legally, if it releases before 2023?

1 Like

Yes, because it does not seem to fall into the “mid-range” area like LEGO or the remasters.

Not necessarily, we don’t know for certain that Disney haven’t changed or ended the exclusivity agreement early. Heck, could’ve even been a mutual agreement to end it early.

So far we have gotten an Indiana Jones game and a Star Wars game. Maybe Lucasfilm wants to space out the Star Wars announcements? Who knows really. I don’t think it tells us anything.

I hope this isn’t true, I’d want a better studio on this IP

I agree, they’re not my first, second, or even third choice, so I hope all the talent they’re picking up from the SWTOR team pay dividends for the development. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised by what they achieve.

2 Likes

Said it before thats its strange that this is Disney’s pick for this game.

1 Like

Ok, so with the leak today of Stubbs the Zombie being ported/remade for Xbox and being developed by Aspyr, likely published by Xbox, this gives us another bread crumb that would point to a relationship between Xbox and Aspyr, further increasing the probability that Xbox is publishing the KOTOR remake being developed by Aspyr.

1 Like

That could make more sense but still kinda skeptical that this project is being handled by them. Would think someone more high profile would be on it.

I agree, but Disney seems to like using them, and they do have a lot of experience with porting KOTOR, so maybe Xbox decided to use them after seeing that they were successful with Stubbs the Zombie? If it’s really coming out in March, then it would’ve been in development longer than KOTOR.

Jason Schraier pretty much confirme it’s them on the OtherEra

1 Like

what the overall feeling with this rumor?

Its kinda different porting games to doing a full on remake/reimagining of one of the so called greatest games of all time.

I’m feeling pretty good at this point that MS contracted Aspyr to develop the Stubbs port, and then contracted them to develop the KOTOR remake licensed from Disney after they were happy with the work.

I really hope this is true. If so, I can see this being an Xbox exclusive again like the original, it just makes more sense.

5 Likes

I was under the impression that stuff like KOTOR was no longer cannon. Are we sure this is a “remake” as opppsed to being a new RPG similar to KOTOR?