Arkane's Deathloop Delayed to Q2 2021

Was this a timed exclusive for PS5?

It is yeah, so more of a delay for us!

That’s a big blow for Sony…I wonder what else is getting delayed.

This just about evens up the launch lineups now.

Xbox Series X: Gears Tactics, Medium, The Ascent, Tetris, Multiplats, Scorn(?), Flight Sim (?), Crossfire X (?)

PS5: Miles Morales, Bugsnax, Multiplats, GT7 (?), Astro’s Playroom, Godfall

Or maybe less now?

Arkane games always seem to be very Niche. It makes sense that they took money for this to be an exclusive. I foresee this selling all that well either way. But disappointing for anyone who was looking forward to it.

Doubt it, this is Sony we’re talking about. A new Playstation Advantage - Less Delay exclusively on PS5!

1 Like

Bugsnax unironically GOTY

No way GT7 is a launch Title. That would have been shouted from the roof tops.

3 Likes

This was a 2020 title for PS5?

Personally I don’t mind the delay at all because the gameplay did nothing for me and I really liked Dishonored 1 and 2 and love Prey.

Launch lineups are looking weak for both consoles this time around.

1 Like

Call of the Sea, The Falconeer and Yakuza: Like a Dragon are also launch titles for Series X. Yakuza will be on PS4 but not PS5 for maybe a year (?)

I’m expecting Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart to release in Spring 2021. Probably April if I had to guess. Not expecting Gran Turismo 7 until Fall 2021.

Overall, launch is still stacked for both platforms. Unless COD 2020, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion all get delayed, Xbox Series X day one buyers should be good.

Not really too surprising and unfortunately it won’t be the last of the delays. I highly suspect Cyberpunk, AC and maybe some other Holiday slated games will be getting pushed back as well.

Both console launches are looking to be quite dry this time around due to the pandemic. Its a good thing they both have BC from the getgo this time around.

It’s gonna be far too long til I get to play this :frowning:. Waiting for that Xbox version to come out a year after release.

Many more delayed games coming. How funny would it be if by launch both consoles have no games. Both companies would still release the consoles

Kinda felt my interest drop in this game when they made the timed exclusivity deal.

Im no expert, but i imagine that these exclusivity deals are contract like jobs that will demand 12 months or so exclusivity on their platform after launch, so the later it releases, the later xbox fans have to wait

nah the TV show distracted Arkane from finishing the game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like