Anthem Next is cancelled (Official)

ugly truth is that i don’t think today’s Bioware even wants to make the kind of RPGs they used to make 10 years ago

Shame since the visuals were excellent and the combat/gameplay was great. Flying around as if you’re Iron Man was so damn satisfying but im not surprised one bit.

Yea ikr I hoped it would make a comeback but nope

We literally are getting dragon age 4 and mass effect next

Somethings are just simple business decisions.

Yeah, I think they should focus all of their efforts on their other projects. It makes more sense. Dragon Age and Mass Effect are two juggernauts of IP. It’s better to bury Anthem quick and move on.

good?

doesn’t really change what is said

devs that are now there don’t really want to make games like the devs that left used to make it’s what i’m saying

1 Like

Do you hace a source for those statements? Because literally they want to make those next 2 games.

That is not what he is saying.

1 Like

BioWare is NOT the same BioWare of 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. Same with RARE. Both should be developing games that they are equipped to do NOW. Not from the past. It’s the only way BioWare will ever be great again.

Oh I get it now. I mean current Bioware is just Old Bioware in name only but I do believe at least for Mass Effect they have a lot of people from the og trilogy in right now.

1 Like

I agree, combat & movement was great, good visuals too.Had a good time playing it.

Unfortunately the rest was a complete mess

2 Likes

Damn… no encore then…

1 Like

Microsoft buy this IP right now, this game had an amazing setting/world and the premise of the game was fantastic. Give it actual love and reboot it and you’ll make tons of money. The gameplay on this game was so good and I loved the whole setting and world of Anthem. I know just buying the IP won’t mean it’ll play the same but I think the IP is worth it.

2 Likes

Would be nice, but big companies rarely part with IP, even ones they don’t plan on using.

Pls don’t crush my dreams :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why not? EA crushed mine today, it seems to be the thing to do :joy:

1 Like

Thats a shame, I had fun with the game, and would have loved to see how they could have rebooted it.

As a huge fan of Bioware & pretty much everything they’ve done up until Anthem… Good.

This game was simply a waste of their time & talent. It was an empty, soulless attempt to create an “always online, multiplayer, live service” cash cow. The flying felt cool & the world looked nice but there was absolutely nothing going on in terms of an even halfway interesting story.

Bioware are so much better than that. I’m glad this is finally over & they can get back to doing what they’re good at & what their fans actually want.

As a side note, the day that this garbage “always online, multiplayer, live service” garbage that has infested gaming for years finally gasps it’s last money-grubbing breath & dies, well that day will be one of the happiest days of my life.

4 Likes

It’s ok for other people to enjoy stuff that you don’t.

1 Like