Two new Studios founded by former Blizzard CEO

Two new studios ( Moonshot and Secret Door ) founded by former Blizzard CEO.

https://twitter.com/mikemorhaime/status/1308728589580296193

“At Secret Door, we are passionate about bringing players together in positive ways while building a sustainable home for creators. Dreamhaven is providing everything we need to head into uncharted territory. We cannot wait for others to join us on our journey!”

It’s led by Chris Sigaty Executive Producer on Hearthstone, StarCraft II, and Heroes of the Storm, as well as Lead Producer on the original Warcraft III and other former Blizzard staff.

Seems to work with unity engine and also looks to aim for a Multiplayer expierience maybe rts, moba or card game.

• Experience developing games using C# and Unity is ideal. Having experience with other languages and technologies is a bonus.
  • you should have significant experience as a server engineer developing, shipping, and maintaining live games.

“Though it’s very early days, when we think about Moonshot, we imagine a studio that celebrates curiosity and courage. We aspire to be bold in our approach, and we think the best way to do that is to create a culture centered around trust. That’s at the heart of how we’d like to work together and also how we’d like to connect with players once we’re a bit further down the road.”

also led by former Blizzard producer, seems to working towards a Action Game in Unreal Engine from the joblistings

• Implement networked gameplay features, mechanics and systems in C++ and Unreal Blueprint
  • Experience developing action games with a first-person perspective
5 Likes

This is gonna be cool. Mike Morihame did some great games at Blizzard, excited to see what he’s gonna do on his own.

Matt …you know what to do…

In all seriousness though I’m hyped, it seems like shit really went bad for Blizzard once guys like Ghost Crawler, Christ Metzen and Mike Morhaine all left.

1 Like

Any idea what went on that made them leave?

I just want Overwatch 2 right now :sob::sob::sob::sob:

I mean that Blizzard has internal problems was i think visible here and there over the years. But what people should also never forget when you are part of a big company and you get a chance to start something new, some just go with it. The energy, optimism, the vibe of everything is possible.

I’am a month away from going part time in the second startup i founded. The energy of something new and the feeling to overcome challanges is something truly special. So beside rumors and report about acitivision and blizzard you often just have people with the hunger for… something new. Even more so in creative jobs.

I’am looking forward to what the teams will do and will watch it with great intrest.

I forgot about that, it feels like it was announced forever ago, is there an eta on that?

No and that makes me sad.